Saturday, September 10, 2011
Even though this past week or two has been rough due to lack of sleep, I have managed to get quite a bit of piecing done on the wedding quilt that I am making for Ron and Savannah. All the pieces so far are 2 1/2" square and due to the scrappy nature of the quilt and the design, other than chain piecing, I haven't had any quick and easy ways to do what I'm doing. However, I'm piecing the border now and then I'm going to cheat and use 2 1/2" strips of fabric for some of sashing pieces. At this point I have pieced together well over a 1000 2 1/2" squares. Boy do I hope that I got my seams the right size so that everything fits. Once I'm done piecing, I'm going to quilt sections and then sew them together. I've found that now that I'm getting near the end of the piecing I'm getting excited because I know I'm getting near the home stretch. Trying to get as much sewing done as possible this week since I'm having surgery on my right knee on Friday so it won't be much use to me for awhile after that. Looking forward to having some of those squares left over to use in Project Linus quilts.